Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Whats going on with the Dawsons

We're kicking into high gear with getting work done on the house. I'm looking forward to getting the nursery done, but first we are finishing up our gameroom- a project that has been in the works ever since we bought our house. Once we get that room done, we will be able to move some of the furniture from upstairs dowstairs (like the foosball table and one of the couches) and then we will be able to move the furniture from the computer room (soon to be nursery) into the dining room/study. Whew, that was a mouthful- or since I'm typing, I should say handful! All that is really left to be done on the gameroom is painting, tiling the floors, and moving the furniture down, but that in itself will be a pretty big project. Once we are done with that, I will finally be able to start work on the nursery. Brian and I have already ripped the carpet out, but the floor is in need of refinishing. We haven't decided on a color yet, but I'm thinking a light shade of blue. I have decided on blue, brown, and orange for the main colors of the bedding/decor.

In un-baby related news, Brian and I are back in school. I just completed my first semester back and will be taking an online class this fall at Calhoun (going back and making up all the grades that I did poorly on the first go-round) and hopefully in the next year or so I will be transferring to Athens State. Brian has been accepted into UAH for the fall semester and I'm very proud of him:) We're enjoying the summer the best we can before the fall when out world will be knocked off it's axis. And we're planning our Babymoon for late this August down in Gulf Shores, so we've got a full plate for the rest of this summer!

1 comment:

  1. We are going to Gulf Shores in August too!!! I wish it was a babymoon but we will have our daughter with us.

    ReplyDelete