Tuesday, June 16, 2009

26 Weeks

And I offically have only 98 days to go! For some reason, I thought today was the 100 days left mark, but I have been corrected by that snarky little baby-ticker down at the bottom of this page that I in fact only lack 98 days. And my palms are now sweaty.

Onto the update.

The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.


If only my stomach were that flat...

AND for the survey, that has become somewhat monotonous, but I still continue to fill it out every week ;p

How far along? 26 down, 14 to go!

Total weight gain/loss: Somewhere last week I lost 2 lbs, putting me at 18 lbs total.

Maternity clothes? Yes. I'll omit this question next week, since I've already taken 20 seconds to repond to it, and those are 20 seconds I'll never get back.

Stretch marks? Ugh, yes... and not letting up.

Sleep: Getting better. I think I am now sleep walking, because I haven't woken up once in the past 3 days to go to the bathroom.

Best moment this week: Brian was soooo helpful around the house this past Saturday.

Movement: Getting into a pattern. He's still sleeping all day and going nuts when it's my bedtime.

Food cravings: Edy's fruit bars, but the grape ones this week. And seafood, especially raw oysters.

Gender: See answer to the maternity clothes.

Labor Signs: Nada

Belly Button in or out? In and stretching.

What I miss: Raspberry lambic.

What I am looking forward to: Getting the nursery ready. Still.

Weekly Wisdom: When your back starts to hurt, that's a good time to stop.

Milestones: Sid had the hiccups yesterday. Poor little dude:(

No comments:

Post a Comment