Thursday, July 9, 2009

29 Weeks!

Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.




How far along? 29 weeks- and I feel like I've got 29 to go:/

Total weight gain/loss: I don't even know anymore. Enough.

Stretch marks? Still there.

Sleep: Thank the Jesus for Snoogles! Now if I can just pry it away from Brian...

Best moment this week: Getting the crib together without having any leftover screws and whatnot;) AND this was a big accomplishment, since we didn't have any instructions- but what do you expect when the crib is older than you!

Movement: Kicking the crap out of me riiiight now. I think I actually felt a foot the other day when I pushed back where he was kicking!

Food cravings: Orange juice.

Belly Button in or out? Losing a little more everyday...

What I miss: Shoes that fit.

What I am looking forward to: Getting a mattress for the crib and getting all the bedding put together.

Weekly Wisdom: Drink lots of water and go swimming as much as possible.

Milestones: I think I had the first serious Braxton Hicks contraction last night- it hurt like crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment