Friday, June 19, 2009

Baby Supplies

Most of my time lately has been taken up by a never ending crochet project, so I took a breather from that and made a few side projects over the past two days. The top pic is of some burp cloths I fancied up with some Amy Butler fabric I've been hoarding, and the other is a changing mat. It's canvas/Amy Butler fabric, and it matches my canvas/green diaper bag. I recycled an old towel as the batting, so it has plenty of extra cushion (however I learned that sewing machine needles aren't crazy about sewing through two layers of canvas plus a bath towel, and they will show their displeasure with you in the final 4 inches of your project by breaking in two and jamming up your sewing machine.)

And the bottom picture (please excuse the blur) is another burp cloth made from some more material I've been stingy with and a Peepee Teepee. I've seen them in Uncommon Goods, but I'm cheap and I hate to buy something I know I can make.


1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Baby shower supplies are also a terrific way to get much of what you need, especially if it is your first child. Before you run out and buy everything you need, try to wait until a friend throws a baby shower. In holding a baby supplies, you can have gifts for your baby that can really reduce your baby expenses as others contribute to items you and your baby will need.

    ReplyDelete